This position is made available through the Canada Summer Jobs* program, which means applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age.
New Song Church is looking for someone to fill a part-time Social Media Manager position.
Hourly wage rate: $15/hr
Number of weeks: 20 weeks
Number of hours per week: 15
Start Date: May 3, 2021
We’re looking for someone with:
* Strong communication & organizational skills
* Content creator
* Good judgement & empathetic (to effectively converse with the audience)
* Dedication (must be willing to be on, even when they’re off)
* Strong at building relationships online
* Adaptability and flexible
* Level-headed attitude, patience and a sense of humor
* Proficiency with social media platforms, analytics programs, image editing software and apps, mailchimp, and wordpress.
* Passion for church, the word of God, and ministering to the online community
Responsibilities include managing both the technical and ministry side of New Song Church and World Outreach and its ministries in the digital world. We are looking for someone who can creatively manage, engage with people online and grow our overall online presence. Engagement may include reaching out or responding to people online with prayer and encouragement using scripture in line with the vision and values of New Song Church and its leadership.
Examples of Duties:
Manage and grow all existing and new social media sites
Manage and grow our weekly email marketing strategy
Write and share blog posts
Create graphics for Facebook, Instagram Feed & Stories
Grow our TikTok account and material
Manage our website (wordpress based)
Engage and encourage with prayer, scriptures, motivational quotes, memes, images, mini Bible studies.
Grow a volunteer base to assist you and this department in the future.
Must attend NSC Sunday services and events in-person to broadcast stories and live feeds to our social media channels.
Participate in staff meetings (TBD online or in person)
General responsibilities shared by the team and other duties as required
Periodic participation from the church platform
Participation with online audiences on Sundays during the service with comments, shares, Instagram / Facebook stories, etc.
Collaborate with Videographer, Broadcast Engineer, other volunteers and pastoral staff
Additional responsibilities will come up along the way
Requirements (must have already):
DSLR (optional but a bonus)
iPhone 8 or higher or equal android
Access to Apple or android app store
Desktop or Laptop
High speed WiFi or data package
Ability to get to New Song Church for services and events
Other items / requirements may come up during the interview.
What skills will you develop during this placement?
Client services. Teamwork. Communication. Digital Skills. Leadership.
Email your resume to: [email protected]
* Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market.